Episode #6: The Year That Was

05 January 2010


Her:        Remember... NO SAD STORIES... ayoko pag-usapan ang mga negative at mga problema...

That jolted me from my train of thoughts.

I was already preparing a litany of woes in my mind... past misfortunes that I would like the world to hear. (Naghahanap ng ka-damay, perhaps? ...I don't know.)

But she would not have any of that... She only wanted to hear about what I LEARNED from those mishaps -- and how I rebounded.

Her:        Okay, ganito na lang...  What did you learn from that experience?

I was scammed for a few thousand dollars… I left my Engineering job for an opportunity in Canada -- that I later found out was non-existent.

(And you want to hear what I learned from all that?? …Incredible!!!)



Me:         Well... I stopped grumbling and picked myself up.

Her:        And then?

Me:         I started writing.

 Her:       So?

Me:         I had to earn a living... and I got that from writing articles for websites and blogs... I started small at first --a few dollars per article... Then I finally entered the BIG LEAGUE -- and was earning like a PRO… all in the span of ONE YEAR!
 
Her:        See? …You wouldn't have discovered your hidden talents if you continued grumbling about your mishaps.

Me:         YES! YES! (I was getting so excited.) Aside from that -- my network and circle of influence grew... I met a lot of significant people… Heck -- I met you! … and now I'm a guest in your TV show for the second time!

Her:        You see Peter, if you really learn how to be grateful for the circumstances you find yourself in... and LEARN  how to give POSITIVE AFFIRMATION and THANKSGIVING... the Heavens will conspire in your favor -- and everything will fall into its proper place!

Me:         Yes! …I see that now!

Her:        The next question is -- are you READY for the Road Ahead?

Me:         I sure am! …Clear, Precise and Concise -- I just need to focus, focus, focus... and if I lose my sense of direction once in a while - my FairyGodMother... that's YOU -- will knock some sense into me!

Her:        Twwwiinnnggg!!!  (waving her MAGIC WAND at me!)

2010... HERE WE COME... an exciting road ahead indeed!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

web analytics
Powered by web analytics program.


Paypal button

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner