Episode #7: A Look At The Road Ahead

07 January 2010



Honk! Honk!

I signaled SANDALI LANG PO!" to the now-angry drivers of the cars behind us.

E kasi naman – we were right smack in the middle of the road . . .  She – hands on the steering wheel . . .  Me – standing outside the car,  peering through the driver's-side window.

Our meeting had just ended . . .  We had spent the entire afternoon poring through the parts and components of her sparkling-new Christmas gift: a fantastic Portable Recording Studio!

 This state-of-the-art avant-garde equipment is what we’re now going to  use  to record her very own PODCASTS – as well as those for her many clients now lined up for her super-personalized world-class services!

We were just about to go on our own separate ways . . .  when a light bulb suddenly blinked ‘ON’ in my mind.
 
Me:         Wait . . . wait!  (I was tapping at her side window.)

Her:        What!?! (Rolling down the glass . . .Ngek -- it got stuck halfway down!)

Me:         I just realized something . . .

Her:        What nga?!

Honk! Honk!


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Me:         Naku! . . . They might get angry . . .  We're blocking the road. (Gesturing at the car drivers glaring at me.)

Her:        Don't mind them . . . This is MY barangay, remember? . . .  What?

Me:         For 17 years, I worked as an Engineer – before I called it quits . . .  In the past year, I changed my cards.

Her:        You’re telling me that in the middle of the road??

Me:         Diba I'm working my way up as a professional writer now . . .  and I’m trying my hand at entrepreneurship . . . 

Her:        You are causing traffic just to tell me THAT?!?!

Me:         Teka . . .  Hindi eh . . .  I just want to tell you . . .  I met a lot of people this year who said: “Wow… sige… mag entrep ka… kaya mo yan!”  . . . Pero none of them made an impact on me like you did!

Her:       Aba, good! . . .  You know naman – I believe people meet for a Higher Purpose . . .  Remember:  there are no mistakes in the Universe!

Me:         (Smiling to the max!)

Her:        (Sigh . . .)  I’ve tried helping so many others before you . . . ay naku, I wasted so many precious hours, days, weeks -- and even months -- on those characters . . .  but it looks like you’re finally IT!

Me:         Wow, Thanks ! ! !
 
Her:        Sige, let’s set-up the Portable Recording Studio na! . . .  I’ve also got a video-cam . . .  Let’s include video na rin – para yung mga MAGIC MOMENTS like these ma-capture din natin!

Me:         YES! YES! (Grabe . . . I was so excited – I almost forgot about the cars lined up behind us – angry drivers all honking away!)

Her:        Let’s produce PODCASTS . . . and also TELEVISION on INTERNET!

Me:         W-O-W ! ! !

Her:        Ano . . . are you ready for this?

Me:       I sure am!!  . . . I claim it now!  . . .  Ang galing ng ROAD AHEAD natin for 2010!

Her:      Great!  . . . LOOK with FAITH in your HEART . . . BELIEVE + AFFIRM + CLAIM that 2010 is an EXCITING and HAPPY year FOR YOU!

And for ALL of YOU – our faithful READERS too ! ! !


0 comments:

Post a Comment

web analytics
Powered by web analytics program.


Paypal button

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner