Episode #8: B.A.M. Working Session #1

15 January 2010



I hauled myself up the stairs to the internet shop at the 2nd floor (our meeting place) not really expecting what to expect (ngek! . . . ganyan kagulo ang utak ko that day!) . . . I was exasperated from all the horrid traffic on the way to our meeting – ayan, late tuloy ako! 

It was my 2nd time to visit the place with HER . . . but this time was our Working Session #1.

When I saw the place - I became medyo hesitant . . . kasi naman, it was big and kinda plush . . . Mga foreigner – and they shouldered past me – kasi naman, I was blocking the entrance!

I tried to find Bratinella . . .

HER:         Yoohoo, I'm here ! ! !

Ay sus - there she was - seated comfortably - eh saan pa nga ba – eh di sa Cubicle #1 . . .She had her laptop set-up na . . . pero . . . teka . . . there was more stuff nakakalat  on the table . . . My eyeballs almost popped out . . . (Grabe talaga itong FGM FairyGodMother ko!)

She was openlyobviously and obliviously – munching ‘chicharon’ (yung mortal sin na deadly - with laman!) . . . complete with crunchy sound effects for ALL the world to hear!


Hindi lang yun . . . she had even  MORE in a big clear ‘supot’ on the table . . . PLUS she was ALSO sipping something that looked like tea - or juice . . . kaya lang – I almost fell off my seat when I found out – SANGRIA pala

HER:        O ano?!!  . . . Join me - ask for a glass from the girl at the counter!

ME:         Huh?

HER:       And don't forget to ask for ice . . . tell them I'm the one who’s asking.

ME:         Pwede ba yun??? . . . Well . . .  ah . . .  okaaaay.

Hesitatingly, I headed towards the cashier / counter / bar – and sheepishly asked for a glass . . .  I told them I'm with HER (pointing a thumb at her direction) – and if they could please put some ice in the glass.
 
Girl:        (All smiles – mukhang happy pa nga eh.) No  problem po!!

She gave me a glass – filled with ice to the brim . . .  I headed back to our cubicle . . .

As SHE poured the not-so-hidden ‘beverage’ into my glass, I couldn't help but ask . . .

ME:         How do you get away with this? . . . They have their own mini-resto – and they offer their own specialty food – and they sell drinks, diba? . . . Okay lang sa kanila ito?

HER:        Ha! Ha! Ha! . . . Oo naman – I share it pa nga with them eh!

Bratinella strikes again!

HER:        I told you – this is my turf! . . . I make them happy naman with my vivienismsand ‘motherly’ advice – ang aking mga W.O.W. Moments = Words of Wizdumb!

We giggled as we worked . . .  as giggly* as 2 irrepressible juvenile delinquents who ought to be sent to the principal’s office!

*NOT so much from the mid-afternoon super sarap sangria (ahem – from Spain  – 1.5 LITER lang naman ang size ng bote – hindi naman obvious, no? . . . mwahaha!)

*NOR from the cholesterol-laden snack we were munching.

Hmmm . . .  we were just happy being naughty - hehe . . .

We worked on our BratinellaAndMe website . . . agreeing on the perfect graphics, perfect colors and perfect fonts . . . siempre – para ferpek – ehek – PERFECT!
 
HER:        Hey! . . . Wala ka nang ice . . .  wait - I'll get more . . .

Before I could protest - or make a single squeak - she had sprinted off to the counter - carrying both our 2 empty glasses . . . A moment later she came back – both glasses filled to the brim with more ice!

ME:     Mwaaaahahahaha! . . . Saan ka makakakita ng ganito -- we're eating our own food... drinking our own beverage... using THEIR glasses and THEIR ice... and they're all more than happy pa to assist us!

HER:      That's what my the effect of my ‘trademark charm’ can do! . . . Mwahahaha!

We were almost finished with our B.A.M. Working Session #1 – when an irresistibly delicious smell wafted from the kitchen (behind the counter) . . . The scent filled our noses – and our imagination . . .  Drool, drool, drool!!!

HER:      Ang daya daya naman nila -- sinasadya nila yan ha! . . . They opened their kitchen door so we’d get hungry when we smell their food!

Totoo nga – ang bango talaga ng luto nila! . . . Foreigner pa nga ang cook eh!!

ME:         Hehehe . . .  Ikaw naman, siguro that's their ‘tactic’ to make people order!

HER:        Hay naku! . . . Let’s go na lang – before we get seduced into ordering  – as if naman our ‘pigures’ could afford to input more calories . . . H-E-L-L-O-O-O-O-O!!

ME:       Mwaaahahahaha!

And THAT –  ladies and gentlemen – boys and girls – has become a TYPICAL working session for BRATINELLA and ME!

. . . . . WAIT 'TIL YOU HEAR MORE!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Peter,
Wala pa nga to sa kalahati... or maybe you already did... ganti ka by asking her to make you chicken sinigang and other good food at her place. She used to make me those - super saraaaaap! mahilig talaga yan mainggit most esp when it comes to food kasi she is sutil...you call her FGM, i call her Mommy Groovy! lols..Good luck! - Rose
PS. great job on your blogspot!

Unknown said...

Ha!ha!ha! I surely will! Inaabangan ko nga yung world-famous adobo nya e...baka magka-amnesia raw ako sa sarap!

The Bratinella said...

ay naku!

na-expose na ang hidden talent ko!
baka everyone will ask me to cook for them!

hmmm... gawin ko kayang negosyo yan...
'BRATINELLA SPECIALS' - ok ba?

Hugs & Kisses ^_^ MWAH!!

Post a Comment

web analytics
Powered by web analytics program.


Paypal button

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner