Episode #9: The Wife

23 January 2010




I was working on my PC . . . Wifey and our little princess were still awake, watching TV.

Riiiinnngggg! . . . Riiiinnngggg!

The silence of the night was suddenly broken . . . Our not-so-tiny-tot beat us to the phone.
                                                                                                                                          
As I watched her, I couldn't help but imagine what the Bratinella looked like at my child's age . . . Probably the same . . . Mwahahaha!

Moments later, she handed me the phone.

Princess:    Dada!! . . . Girlfriend mo!

Me:             Huh?!! (My suspicions were right . . . Bratinella-Jr in-the-making din ito!)

I cupped the receiver in my hands so that the Bratinella wouldn’t hear my comment.

Me:             Sino’ng nagsabi girlfriend ko ‘to?

Princess:    Si mommy . . .



I then caught a glimpse of wifey (with her finger to her lips) signaling little princess to keep quiet . . . Sheepishly, she smiled at me – looking as guilty as a child caught with her hand in the cookie jar!

After exactly TWO hours and 39 minutes, Bratinella and Me concluded our work.

 I then turned my attention to wifey, who looked half-asleep in front of the TV,  hands clutching the remote control.

Me:             Sleep ka na?

Wifey:        Hindi na . . . ginising mo ko eh . . .

Me:             What was that with our little princess? . . . What "girlfriend" are you teaching her?

Wifey:        Hrmphhh . . . you naman . . . joke lang yun . . .

Me:             Selos ka?

Wifey:        Hindi ah! . . . I know that's work naman eh . . . ikaw talaga . . .

Well, you couldn't blame her. . . WHO ELSE would call me in the dead of the night – and spend an hour or so (I take that back . . . more than two hours) on the phone?

Sino pa?? . . . Only the Bratinella – siempre!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Days went by . . . I observed wifey spending an unusual amount of time at my PC – watching excerpts from the Bratinella’s My Show and Tell CHANNEL on YouTube.

Every Tuesday at 6:30PM, she reminded me to watch Barangay Vivien on Internet TV . . . I was astonished at her fan-like admiration: “How nakasisilaw na puti and ‘flawless’ naman si Bratinella . . . and her voice is s-o-o-o nakakaakit!”

You could almost read the "?!?!?" on my face!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Riiiinnngggg!  . . . Riiiinnngggg! 

Predictably, the little princess was first to pick up the phone.

I saw her suspended in animated talk with the person on the other line . . . My eyes lit up when I saw her kissing the phone with tiny smacks . . .

Me:             Who's that, baby?

Princess:    ‘Tita Cute’ . . . (Bratinella’s code name).

Wifey took the phone . . . I expected her to hand it to me – but I was mistaken.

Bratinella and ME (oops – my mistake). . . Bratinella and wifey spent exactly TWO hours and 39 minutes (ALSO!?!?) in non-stop chatter – with giggles, squeaks and uncontrollable fits of laughter . . . I could only imagine what it was like on the other end of the line!

All this time, I was waiving my arms up in the air – almost screaming, “H-e-l-l-o-o-o . . . I'm here! . . . That call is for ME!!”

F-i-n-a-l-l-y, wifey handed me the phone . . . I was able to talk with the Bratinella.

Me:             What was that all about?

Her:            Girl-talk. . . .  maybe – or maybe not – concerning you . . . Mwahahaha!

Me:             What did you do to my wife?!? . . . She’s beginning to sound like you!!

Her:            Harharhar! . . . Nagulat ka pa?? . . .Whad’ya expect?!! . . . I’m contagious! . . . Mwahaha!

Me:             Ay sus!!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Will the Bratinella's CAPTIVATING CHARM and MAGNETIC APPEAL soon have a mesmerizing effect on the other members of my household too??

Hmmmmm . . . . . . . . . .  .ABANGAN!

1 comments:

The Bratinella said...

10,000 HITS!!

WOOHOO!
we did it... as of 9:00PM tonite...
and all in a month's time!

SUPER THANKS to our readers...
we promise to bring you more fun
W.O.W. Moments (Words-Of-WizDumb)
for your Entertainment and Delight!

Hugs & Kisses ^_^ MWAH!!!

Post a Comment

web analytics
Powered by web analytics program.


Paypal button

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner